1. You Can Treat Trigger Points Yourself!
The means of choice is a precise self-massage, that focuses on the trigger point.
Uncoordinated rubbing around on the muscle in question will not help.
If you want to treat a trigger point yourself it is of utmost importance that you find precisely the spot.
Since it is usually difficult to feel these points, just focus on the most painful point at the sensitive spot in the muscle.
- Trigger points are most painful when manipulated exactly at their “centre”. Even with the smallest deviations of +/- 2mm the reduction in pain can be drastic.
- So, you should always focus on the most painful point of a sensitive area in the muscle to be sure you are working in the right place.
- Unless of course, you are pressing on a nerve. This can be also very painful and should be avoided.
- You will be shown the location of these “at risk” areas here on the site.